Family Fun at the Port Hope Fall Fair

This past weekend my family and I headed out to the Port Hope Fall Fair. Despite being a long time resident of Northumberland, this was actually my first time at the annual fair and I have to say, I wish I'd gone sooner.

Living in a community where there is a large number of retirees can make it hard to find activities for young kids. There's no shortage of events and festivals in the area, but most cater to the majority of the population; which isn’t those of us with young kiddos.

The Port Hope Fair is definitely an exception; I was blown away with the amount of activities and kid-friendly spaces they had. My kids loved being able to see, touch, and even talk to “Mr. Cow” and other farm animals. They also loved being able to play in a shaded area that had toy tractors, interactive displays, apples, and of course, more farm animals.

The day was a wonderful blend of family fun with lots of opportunities for kids to learn about the importance of our local farming community.

The best part about the fair was the abundance of activities for people of all ages and interests. The South field was where the animals and kid-friendly exhibits were, but there were lots of competitions, demonstrations, a midway, live entertainment, and a craft exhibitor area.


Thank you to the Port Hope & Districts Agricultural Society, The Port Hope Rotary, and the Municipality of Port Hope and to all the hard-working volunteers and sponsors for a wonderful event. It may have been my first Fall Fair but it definitely won't be our last! 

For more information about the Fall Fair visit their website 

Comments

Popular Posts