Selling your house isn't always Merry…

As someone who’s been in the business long enough to have experienced the ups and down of the market I've encountered clients selling for various reasons, some of which are not always the joyful experience HGTV would have you believe. When the bank is knocking at your door and you have to sell, it doesn't equate to a merry home selling experience.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to help a number of clients navigate the lenders, penalties, and additional stress that comes in having to sell during a difficult time. But I've also found myself in a position where I wasn't able to help the sellers for no other reason than they didn't ask. By the time I was made aware of the situation it was too late.

By the time I get the call from the lender that the property is being taken over by the bank the seller would have long been aware of the situation and just how tough of times they were in. I always look back and am filled with sadness and disappointment for the sellers; as 90% of the time there was that offer that the sellers let get away as it wasn't quite as much as what they were looking for, or the asking price remained higher than it should have for too long. It has been an issue that has long perplexed me; I am here to help. To be their problem solver and find the best solution to the situation, I can only work with the information I’m given.

I can only imagine the stress that occurs in these people’s lives and worry they must feel when the creditors are calling. But I must advise all sellers faced with such situation to remember as a Realtor, I am here to help. So share your burden with your Realtor as we often can help find a solution that works for all.

If you find yourself in a position of having to sell your home due to financial difficulty or threats of foreclosure; be upfront and honest about it with your Realtor. It’s important to get the property to market as soon as possible and realistically priced to generate a quick sale. Although it may be uncomfortable to talk about financial hardships, when dealing with a real estate professional everything you say is completely confidential. As Realtors we've helped many people in similar situations, but in order for us to help, you need take the first step and ask.

For more information on selling your home or a confidential consultation contact Jacqueline Pennington at 905-375-0062 or pennington.remax@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts